The Truth is a hippie who has a deep distrust of government and is a conspiracy theorist. He lives in Leafy Hollow, Flint County where he operates a marijuana farm, which he and CJ destroy in the mission Are You Going to San Fierro? after the police discovers it.
Black Project and Green Goo
The Truth says that he has tried for 30 years to break into Area 69 and get a top secret project known as the Black Project. He uses CJ to break into Area 69 and steal a Jetpack and a containment unit that contains an unknown substance called Green Goo, which is believed to be an Alien's bodily fluids. After CJ gives the goo to The Truth, he says, "Everything is different now" and that people will refer to 1992 as "Year Zero," but the reason for this remains unknown.
He also calls in on the WCTR radio show and claims to have held Aliens in his hands, which might be related to the Green Goo. Also, he calls WCTR once again, claiming that government is adding female hormones to the water, which might be related to Water Pollution, but the host of the show says "Why do we worry about a chemical that government pours into the water," this might mean that government try to gain control over people using this chemical. He has also discussed numerous unusual subjects on Area 53.
After Truth and Carl move to San Fierro, Carl is looking for staff for his garage, Truth tells him that he knows some people who can help. On the way to Jethro and Dwaine, Truth asks CJ to go to the Hospital and the Police station where a black van appears, but right after it does, he tells Carl to think of a yellow rubber duck, and the second time, a pink golf ball. This means that people in van have some kind of ability or technology to read someone's mind. This also can be proven during conversation between Truth and Carl during that mission:
|“|| Carl Johnson: C'mon, dude, what's all that about? |
The Truth: You don't want to know.
Carl Johnson: Why?
The Truth: Do you know what a sub-dermal neurophone is?
Carl Johnson: A what?
The Truth: Exactly. Sometimes it's best to stay in the dark, kid.
The term "sub-dermal neurophone" was decoded and translated. Sub means below or beneath, dermal means relating to the skin, especially the dermis, neuro means to do with the brain or nervous system, phone means to do with sound or could just mean a kind of a telephone or a transmitter.
It basically means a kind of telephone-type device implanted under the skin and somehow connected directly to the brain, which might mean that it gives the ability to read minds, but the reason of following the van remains unknown.
During the mission Are You Going to San Fierro?, Carl Johnson asks The Truth why does he keep aluminum foil in his van. The Truth responds that the foil is to protect from microwave radiations, which are responsible for mind control, induction of images, sound, and emotion. He mentions that the government has developed 23 satellites in order to keep track of the civilians
Cold War Allegation
Here is a part of Truth's conversation:
|“||The Truth: Listen to Jethro. Now, what if I told you, we never went to the moon, JFK lives in Scotland with Janis Joplin, and the only reason we've been in a cold war for the last 45 years was because snake-headed aliens run the oil business?||”|
- Main article: The Truth's Ghost
After he has mysteriously disappeared in final mission, it is speculated he may have been killed by some government forces, possibly because he was lurking around Tenpenny's dead body. However, players investigated Grove Street and couldn't find anything, thus marking the rumor as false.
- Omega from GTA V bears a strong resemblance to The Truth. Both are conspiracy theorists and hippies, and both believe in extraterrestrials. Also, they both say that they have seen Aliens, along with Unidentified Flying Objects.
- The Truth's comments can also be found on a website in Grand Theft Auto: IV, referring to conspiracy theories.
- There was originally a mission in the beta version of the game, called The Truth is Out There, where the FBI are trying to capture The Truth for snooping around Area 69 and Carl Johnson manages to save him. The mission transcript is still in the game. However, no other files exist and all modifications are fan-made.
- The Truth confesses that there are 23 religious relics kept at the Pentagon, it is possible that this has something to do with the Epsilon Program.
- The Truth claims to have an astral goat called Herbie. He may be referring to his actual or unknown previous vehicle.