Mount Gordo is one of three mountains in Grand Theft Auto V, the others being Mount Chiliad and Mount Josiah. Mount Gordo is the smallest peak in the state. It is located northeast of Blaine County. Jolene Cranley-Evans's Ghost can be found on the mountain.
Not only that, two small ponds can be found near the summit. The bigger of these are hidden away in a thicket of trees. There the player can find a peyote plant. The rocks surrounding the 'oasis' are streaked with red suggesting the blood spilled from the mountain lions' very frequent attacks on the mountain. Also, if the one swims into the center of the pool they will find an abnormally hollow rock. At the bottom of the mountain lies the Mount Gordo Campsite.
With the ghost, the rare sightings of ghost ships and the Goatman, Mount Gordo is arguably the most haunted area of GTA V.
In 1978, Jolene Cranley-Evans and her husband, Jock Cranley, were walking by the cliffs overlooking the El Gordo Lighthouse. The couple has been known to be having troubles in their marriage. Jock wanted to leave Blaine County to pursue his dreams of becoming a stuntman. Jolene wanted to stay, saying that she had to look after her parents and run their thriving guest house. As a result, during the hike, Jock pushed Jolene off of a cliff on Mount Gordo, and she later died from internal injuries due to her fall. The police concluded that Jolene fell off the cliff by accident, and Jock was released without charge (despite being covered in blood.)
- Main article: Jolene Cranley-Evan's Ghost
Jolene's ghost appears at the top of Mount Gordo at night, between 23:00 and 00:00. When the player approaches it, it disappears. On the rock that the ghost floats over, the name "Jock" is written with blood, accusing her husband (Jock Cranley) of murder. This serves as an Easter egg. The ghost fades away from view as the player gets close to it. This phenomenon can be seen at any point in the game, not only at 100% like the UFOs and other myths.
- "Gordo" means fat or large in Spanish and Portuguese. This may be a reference to the mountain's large size.
- Michael can perform yoga on the mountain. Since yoga is heavily related to the Mount Chiliad mystery, it has led many people to this haunted area.
- On rare occasions, Cougars will prey on the player if they idle by the yoga location for too long.
- If a one joins a perfect triangle from Sandy Shores to Mount Chiliad, the lines join directly to the radio station on the summit of Mount Gordo